Emergency Home Repair Grants up to $25,000
Targeted to Low-Income Households
Repairs for Vital Home Condition Improvement
• ADA Accessibility
• Window & Door Installation
Drywall & Painting
• Gutters & Downspouts
• General Carpentry
• Be the owner/occupant of the home, and your property must be located within the city limits of Akron.
• Meet one of the following household income requirements:
Inside of a QCT and have a household income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
Outside of a QCT and have a household income at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
• Be current on your mortgage, property taxes, state and local income taxes, or be current on an approved payment plan for any delinquent taxes for a minimum of the three prior months.
• Renters, occupants on a land contract, and owners/occupants of mobile home units are not eligible for services through this program. However, the City intends to launch a rental home repair program in the near future.
Your household income is at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) and you live within one of Akron’s Qualified Censes Tracts (QCT).
For the purposes of this Program, income is defined as
• Wages and salaries;
• Net income from real or personal property;
• Social Security/retirement/pensions;
• Welfare payments;
• Alimony and child support.
Your household income is at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
For the purposes of this Program, income is defined as wages and salaries; net income from real or personal property; unemployment/disability; Social Security/retirement/pensions; welfare payments; alimony and child support.
“We knew this program would be popular with our residents, and we are ecstatic about this outpouring of interest. This is the largest program of its kind utilizing American Rescue Plan dollars across the entire nation and we are incredibly proud of this effort to help Akronites improve their homes.”